Saturday 19 October 2013

Paper Hearts & a New Name







After much deliberation my Etsy shop now has a new name: Ocean & Fern. Hurrah! And along with my name, comes new packaging :-) I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and I feel like I can really focus now on actually making jewellery instead of spending all day worrying that my name doesn't suit me. I ended up going with my old home Florida & my new home England, Ocean & Fern. Which also is my style as well, mostly beach-style with pale blues, seafoam greens, and swirly wirework, with pink berry beads and deep greens.

I've also been busy rustling up more paper heart earrings. I have dozens of different patterned paper hearts all over the craft room right now, and I have had to take a break from wearing nail polish because my fingers are constantly stuck together with PVA glue. I love the polka dotted pastel coloured ones because they remind me of ice cream and sweet shops and are just so girlie. And I have been trying out bird & woodland themed ones as well. I want to also try out some necklaces once I get going.

I recently went to the Newbury show a few weeks ago, and happened upon an amazing jewellery maker called Sarah Brook-Hayes who had her stall, Oberon Jewellery, set up. She was incredibly inspiring and I literally wanted to buy her *enitre* stall. Here is a link to her shop: www.etsy.com/shop/OberonJewellery. The photos don't do it justice. Every charm she makes is so pretty, hand made from silver clay. I ended up buying a Christmas present from her, and also a bangle for myself with a little bird flying on it. I wear it every weekend and I love it so so much. All of the stalls just made me really want to try out a Christmas fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment