Tuesday 19 February 2013

Sunday Pancakes



Sunday was for washing the car and making pancakes. There's isn't much more that's as exciting as riding the London Eye over London. So we mooched about in our pajamas and dilly dallied about the house, and decided to have Shrove Tuesday four days late. I've decided to give up complaining for Lent, but so far have made an awful attempt and already need to start focusing on being more positive. So, I was thinking this evening after work (tired and staring at the tv, not bothering to move after Eastenders) that I would start thinking about some crafty projects to do around the house....

I have two new missions:

1. Organise the craft room - it's a gigantic mess of a book shelf, some tupperware boxes full of randomness, and an ikea table with everything shoved underneath (as if things can be hidden under a glass table)
2. Make something really pretty for our bedroom - we just bought new bedside tables and a wardrobe that we've like for ages and suddenly an oatmeal coloured room with nothing else in it almost doesn't look good enough anymore. I would love to make something simple to hang on the wall, or maybe a big crocheted quilt for the bed.

I love love LOVE Heather's quilts on www.littletinbird.co.uk. So might take some inspiration from her and dive into a big crochet granny square quilt! I started making one last year, all multi-coloured flower squares, for summer but never finished it. The pattern was in an issue of Mollie Makes and it's quite a nice simple flower that looks amazing in tons of multi-colours. I will post up some pics once I get going.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment