Sunday 24 February 2013

Anniversary Day





Hooray for a special weekend! <3 Today, 6 years ago, Ian and I first met in a Starbucks coffee shop. Weird to think that I was living in a different country then; so much has changed! But still in love as ever :-) 

I spent Friday night at my friend's house and when I arrived home this was what was waiting for me on the table. A big bright bouquet of flowers waiting x x  :-) They are so beautiful, I love the big bright orange rose. They are so tropical and they make the house so cheerful against the cold outside. It's 1C outside and snowing today, yikes.




Ian's anniversary present. I found these in a craft magazine and thought they were so cute! They were from www.hunkydoryhome.co.uk. We have an ongoing tradition now of buying each other eggcups each year so I thought I'd bring some birdy cups in to the collection. I think they will be welcomed in by mr and mrs. hen egg cup. 

******

This weekend was also special because, after 2 years of being engaged, we finally started our wedding planning. Wooo hooo! I spent Friday with two friends having a girly pre-wedding dress try-on sleepover. Katie cooked paella (with chicken and chorizo, yum). Then we woke up late the next morning and all went together for my very first wedding dress appointment at our local shop Mrs. Jones Bridal boutique (http://www.mrsjonesbridal.co.uk).

So excited and a little bit nervous! We were welcomed with brownies and champagne and the shop owner, Laura, picked out some dresses for me after I'd nervously and overly excitedly blurted out what I had in mind for the day (what was I talking about!? I have no idea what I said!). I was glad we chose that shop because she made it all so easy and was so helpful and I wasn't worried at all once we started. It all seems so surreal, everyone says girls grow up dreaming about their wedding day but I must have missed out on that part because I have never imagined myself in a big white dress and it was so crazy to try them on! I ended up loving the one style that I expected to hate!

On the way out I was given a thank you bag with some references for local flower & beauty shops, and in it came a beautiful little glass jar of flowers and a mirrored candle. In it was my favourite flower, which is the kind I want on our wedding day. So now I am reminded of the dress I've chosen every time I look at them. I've got a big scrapbook ready. Here goes the planning! x


No comments:

Post a Comment