Friday 19 July 2013

Stamp out the heat!

Brriiing on the heat of the summer. We are hitting a high of 31C this week and I am wondering if I really am in England or have entered some weird parallel universe. Who knew it would be the middle of july and I'd be looking forward to going to work?! One bonus to sitting in an office 9 to 5? Air conditioning! :-D

I've taken a bit of a break lately from writing because a) I was a bit discouraged about blogging and b) after getting back from holiday my mind has been abuzz with Etsy shop-opening and an obsessive desire to find my *one true* craft. I've made up my mind (after opening 2 shops, applylane.etsy.com & lemonadeletterpress.etsy.com) that I. just. like. everything. And. I. can't. stop. making. things. Ever. And I can't stop trying new things.

My new new attempt this week is more stamp-making! Tee hee! Which ties hand in hand with my recent card making attempts. I have ordered this new book on stamp-making to hone my skills:


It has some really good techniques on carving stamps and I can't wait to try it out, and to make some bright colourful summer stamps.

There are so many great stamp shops on Etsy that I've also been drooling over. A few of my faves:



So cute! address stamp (katiegreen.etsy.com)


Obsessed with this shop (brownpigeon.etsy.com)


Would have to vote this as the cutest Etsy shop ever! (talktothesun.etsy.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment